Are you tired of traditional saw and looking out for the best cordless reciprocating saw reviews? Here in our guide, we’re bringing some of the best saws you have ever come across and detailed their features like no other!
Here is a chance to use them for all sorts of woodwork, remodeling, cutting metal, PVC, and what not? On top of it being cordless, it gives an incredible convenience that you may never have thought of.
Table of Contents
- 1 Cordless Reciprocating Saw Reviews
- 1.1 Dewalt Cordless Reciprocating Saw review ( DCS367B ) : Best Battery Reciprocating Saw
- 1.2 WORX Cordless Reciprocating Saw : 2-in-1 Reciprocating Saw and Jigsaw with Orbital Mode
- 1.3 DEWALT 20V MAX Reciprocating Saw - DCS380B : Best Value Sawzall
- 1.4 PORTER-CABLE Reciprocating Saw PCC670B - Tool Only
- 1.5 Black and Decker reciprocating saw BDCR20C 20V MAX: Best Reciprocating Saw Under 100
- 1.6 Milwaukee 2720-20 M18 SAWZALL Reciprocating Saw (Bare)
- 1.7 Milwaukee 2625-20 M18 18-Volt Cordless Hackzall Reciprocating Saw, Bare Tool
- 2 Sawzall Vs Hackzall: What is the difference
- 3 Benefits of Cordless Reciprocating Saw
- 4 Best Cordless Reciprocating Saw Buying Guide
- 5 Cordless Reciprocating Saw Usage
- 6 FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- 7 Final Verdict on Cordless Reciprocating Saw Reviews
Cordless Reciprocating Saw Reviews
We have extensively researched and found out the best cordless reciprocating saws available right now in the market. Let’s quickly look over each one of them.
Dewalt Cordless Reciprocating Saw review ( DCS367B ) : Best Battery Reciprocating Saw
The saw is made lightweight and compact so that it won’t be tiring your arm up during the work. You get an astounding maximum 2900 SPM speed, which should make cutting anything down easy as water.
Dewalt also gives you the freedom to alter the pace with speed triggers. Finally, the pivoting Shoe is there, too, to provide you with steadiness despite heavy vibration. Comes with an incredible three years limited warranty.
It can be prone to wear and tear; aside from it, this is the absolute best cordless Sawzall you can go for!
NOT SO GOOD
WORX Cordless Reciprocating Saw : 2-in-1 Reciprocating Saw and Jigsaw with Orbital Mode
Here is another quality item, this time by Worx. Worx’s WX550L multipurpose reciprocating saw comes with an intelligent head design that allows you to tilt the saw downwards and convert it into a cordless jigsaw
In Jigsaw mode, it can cut circles, Curves etc as jigsaw usually works.
Also It offers you an Orbital Cutting action different from the usual back and forth motion and much more effective.
This one also comes powered by a Lithium-Ion Battery, meaning that you don’t need it to be connected to a power source at the time working.
Weighs at only 4.2 lbs, makes your work even easier without an aching arm. Finally, the built-in blower helps it to keep the tiny particles away while cutting. The lack of adequate room for visibility of cutting can be an issue for beginners. But overall, this can be a saw of choice at any time!
NOT SO GOOD
DEWALT 20V MAX Reciprocating Saw - DCS380B : Best Value Sawzall
Being Plumber, carpenter and fire rescue crew and if you are looking for a productive and efficient cutting on jobsite, in such battery powered reciprocating Saw Dewalt DCS380B is recommended. Specially for being compact & light weight and having 3000 SPM for increased productivity and cut through materials with precision.
As like its sibling Dewalt DCS367B, this cordless Sawzall also comes with Keyless 4-position blade clamp, Variable speed trigger and 1-1/8-inch Stroke length.This Saw comes with only bare tool . Battery & charger is sold separately to customize one’s battery power requirement or to use battery from own stock.
NOT SO GOOD
PORTER-CABLE Reciprocating Saw PCC670B - Tool Only
At the third spot, we have another uniquely designed reciprocating saw by Porter-Cable. It’s even more lightweight than the previous one weighing only about 4 pounds and making your handling more accessible than ever!
The key selling points is its speed. Its’ heavy-duty Drivetrain gives you 3000 maximum strokes per minute (SPM), which quickens up your chores unbelievably well!
If you’ve issues reaching tighter spaces, then this beauty’s intelligently compact design would help you get those places with ease.
Finally, you also get the speed trigger to customize the speed you want to work at.
The vibration impact can be an issue that could make it challenging to keep it stable, especially if you have weaker arms. But overall, this is genuinely a quality item you can go for any day
NOT SO GOOD
Black and Decker reciprocating saw BDCR20C 20V MAX: Best Reciprocating Saw Under 100
At the fourth spot, we have another outstandingly well-accepted piece of the tool by Black+Decker. Black+Decker’s BDCS20C has all that you want from a quality electric saw.
With an impressive 3000 SPM, get anything cut or remodeled within seconds by this one. While the pivoting Shoe helps the device be kept steady during massive works.
Being a battery-powered device, it gives you all the room to be working with.
Moreover, the changing of the blade doesn’t require any other tools and enhances the overall convenience.
Despite the number of positives, it’s more massive vibration can seem slightly irritating during work. But all in all, this is undoubtedly an item you can go forward with
NOT SO GOOD
Milwaukee 2720-20 M18 SAWZALL Reciprocating Saw (Bare)
This one by Milwaukee is just a unique item you can go for without any hesitation. Why? Well, this cordless battery-powered heavy-duty saw comes with a 3000 SPM for a powerful and quick cutting experience with desired smoothness!
The Brushless Motor technology keeps the heat level low even during heavy working sessions. Redlink Plus Intelligence technology incorporated in the device can understand the nature of the work you’re performing and optimize and adjust its performance to accommodate the particular Task, which is quite unbelievable!
The LED helps you analyze the area you’re cutting through with complete details and make critical cuttings way easier.
The device may wear down slightly after long-term use, but overall, this is fantastic equipment for any serious task.
NOT SO GOOD
Milwaukee 2625-20 M18 18-Volt Cordless Hackzall Reciprocating Saw, Bare Tool
Finally, we’re ending with a one handed reciprocating saw by Milwaukee. Milwaukee’s cordless Hackzall being a one-handed saw, gives you all the freedom and better control, mostly working in tighter space.
Vibration is the main issue all the users complain about while using an electric saw to fight Milwaukee’s anti-vibration handle. Being a smartly designed handle, it counters excessive shaking and makes your work more precise overall.
While cutting a straight line and working in sensitive areas, you’re getting the LED lighting facility as well.
Get the cordless convenience with M18 lithium Ion Batteries. Being a lightweight saw, it only weighs 4.1 pounds, which won’t tire your hands that easily.
Wear and tear, like many other electronic devices, is also an issue with this one. But better maintenance should help to boost up its life significantly. Overall, this is a standard item you can for!
NOT SO GOOD
Sawzall Vs Hackzall: What is the difference
Well, to begin, we’d like to say that both are the result of ground-breaking engineering and technology. But each has its areas of strengths.
If you want to cut small sensitive areas, you can go for Hackzall. It’s way more compact and can be maneuvered accurately for cutting crucial areas.
On the other hand, Sawzall is way more heavy-duty than Hackzall. It’s bigger, healthier, and more powerful than its counterparts. If you need to cut large materials with ease, Sawzall would easily slice it down with its heavy-duty blades and machine combination. Something which could seem a bit difficult for Hackzall.
Benefits of Cordless Reciprocating Saw
- Cordless Reciprocating Saw is highly efficient, driven by powerful machines with a powerful vibrating mechanism that can cut through almost any material.
- Can Easily be used for remodeling house, plumbing, cutting woods, PVC and other hard materials without any issue
- Being battery powered you get the freedom to work without being attached to a power source all the time
- These devices are also relatively lightweight given its operation, so working with them for more extended periods don’t tire your hand.
- Because of being designed intelligently compact and sleek, it’s easily transportable
- Almost all the Reciprocating Saw comes equipped with pivoting shoes, which gives you extra stability while you’re cutting through heavy objects.
Best Cordless Reciprocating Saw Buying Guide
Let’s see some of the key elements you should make sure the reciprocating saw has while buying.
- First, always check the weight of your saw. If it weighs too much, it can become tough to work for longer hours. It will quickly tire your hands and disrupt the natural working rhythm. So, go for the lightweight ones.
- Secondly, always consider your preference. Small, one-handed models are designed for giving you precise cuts at tighter space. Simultaneously, the bigger two-handed models provide the strength to cut down larger objects with ease. So, always consider the personal preference and pick your type smartly!
- Battery duration is significant. That’s why always try to get the one saw which offers you an extended working period. As a result, you don’t need to run for recharging every 5 minutes of work.
- LED lighting is also quite crucial, significantly when you’re cutting sensitive areas. It gives you better vision and reduces the possibility of mistakenly dangerous areas that weren’t meant to be touched. So, go for the ones who have quality LED lighting equipped.
Power is critical to any saw. Try getting saws which give you above 2800 SPM, cutting speed. It will empower you with enough energy to cut down more oversized, denser objects with ease. Therefore, never compromise on the power aspect while buying a portable reciprocating saw.
Cordless Reciprocating Saw Usage
The cordless reciprocating saw has many uses. Let’s find out some of the common usage of reciprocating Saw –
- Pruning is one of the areas of use where the battery-powered reciprocating saw works well. They can generate the power to cut down large trunks without much hassle.
- Woodworks is another area where the best cordless Sawzall can work its way in. It gives you the ultimate freedom to design the wood board as you desire.
- Reciprocating saws are highly utilized in demolition as well. You can always change the shorter blade with long and sturdy ones and quickly implement them heavily during demolition when you need it.
- Reciprocating saw is a piece of ideal equipment for cutting steel plates to desired shapes. You have to equip the saw with the appropriate blade, and you’re ready to go!
- Finally, plumbers do need a lot of cutting in their activities. Which makes reciprocating saw a perfect match. They can miss almost anything they encounter, from steel pipes to PVC; you name it, they can cut through anything!
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Reciprocating saw can cut aluminum ,steel etc other than rock. All you need just right type of blade for cutting metal.
Yes. it can cut PVC, Wood, Metal etc.
Yes, You can use reciprocating saw for cutting tree branches. For larger tree, this saw isn’t ideal though.
Final Verdict on Cordless Reciprocating Saw Reviews
Finally, by analyzing reciprocating saws in the list, we’ve found Dewalt Cordless Reciprocating Saws to be the absolute best among them all. This outperforms all the other mentions by a margin from outstanding cutting capabilities to stability, improving pivoting shoes, and extended three-year security under their limited warranty scheme.
Reciprocating saws are highly unique and result from out of the world engineering design, making them compatible in various fields that require cutting large, healthy, and sturdy materials. You can employ them in almost all sorts of work because of their highly versatile nature. So, what are you waiting for? Get your battery Sawzall or Hackzall and start making your heavy work light as a feather!